You will get support from the talented engineers and designers behind ShortPoint technology
99% of our requests are answered within 24 hours. Support is unlimited!
Our support is automated, tracked, monitored and powered by FreshDesk
We will provide support in (not limited to):
- How to use ShortPoint Product
- UI Design and UX consultation
- ShortPoint Issues and bug fixes
- Help in installing ShortPoint upgrades
- Notifications about new releases, webinars, and new features
Submit Issues and Inquiries by sending email to[email protected]
Manuals, Documentation, and release notes: support.shortpoint.com
Coverage of Support
ShortPoint will provide Support to a customer where appropriate, the support includes the below actions:
- Receiving technical questions.
- Analyzing respective technical issues and providing accurate answers to the customer.
- Assist in solving issues concerning the operations and use of the product that a customer cannot resolve.
- Solving all other related technical problems.
Hours of Availability
We are expanding our availability as we grow. If anything is considered urgent, we will respond as quickly as we possibly can.
- Dubai Team 1:00 am to 9:00 am (ET) Sunday through Thursday
- Ukraine & Jordan Teams 2:00 am to 10:00 am (ET) Monday through Friday
- US Team 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (ET) Monday through Friday
If the end user has found an issue or wants to get help with his/her questions, he/she can refer to the following support channels:
- Online Support Center: https://support.shortpoint.com
- Open Ticket: https://support.shortpoint.com/support/tickets/new
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Public Discussions: https://support.shortpoint.com/support/discussions
- Knowledge Base: https://support.shortpoint.com/support/solutions
- Website: https://shortpoint.com/help/
- Live Chat: https://support.shortpoint.com
A Software Defect is defined as any functionality, behavior, or a feature found in the software that produces unexpected behavior(s), or a feature defined in good faith to the intention of the Scope of Work or any supporting documentation delivered by ShortPoint for the Software.
Minor Software Defects
A Software Defect that is not critically impacting the customer’s business productivity will be considered a Minor Software Defect.
Major Software Defects
A Software Defect that is critically impacting the customer’s business productivity will be considered a Major Software Defect. For example, Major Software defects may lead to the following effects:
- The solution hangs, aborts, is inoperable, or customer is unable to perform essential business functions using the software, or
- There is unrecoverable data loss, or
- The solution executes instructions but incorrect results are encountered.
All requests will be responded to with a confirmation of receipt of the request within one hour.
SharePoint Online/Office365, SharePoint 2019, SharePoint for Microsoft Teams
A ShortPoint Customer Support Expert will respond to a Software Defect report within one (1) business day of receiving the request. All business days should be counted within the predefined “Hours of Availability” schedule.
Minor Software Defects
Resolutions will be included in one of ShortPoint’s future product releases. The release date will be decided on by ShortPoint, and the Customer will be informed about the decision.
A workaround will be provided to the Customer whenever possible and the Customer will be updated every time new information regarding the fix is available.
Major Software Defects
A request determined to be a Major Software Defect by a ShortPoint Customer Support Expert will be investigated within two (2) business days from the date that the Support Expert responded to the request. A workaround will be provided to the Customer whenever possible. If no workarounds are available, a hotfix that will exclusively deal with the defect will be provided as soon as possible, the turnaround time for this may depend on the available capacity at ShortPoint and the complexity of the defect. Customers will be updated every time new information regarding the fix is available.
SharePoint On-Premise (2013/2016) and SAP
ShortPoint Customer Support Experts will respond to requests that are stated to be a Major Software Defect within one (1) business day of receiving the request. All business days should be counted within the predefined “Hours of Availability” schedule.
Minor Software Defects
SharePoint On-Premise (2013/2016) will have two releases per calendar year. All minor defects will be included on either one of the planned releases. Customers will be informed about the decision. Customers will be kept updated every time when the new information regarding the fix is available, and if they cannot wait until the release date that ShortPoint has committed to. A workaround will be provided to the Customer whenever possible.
Major Software Defects
A request determined to be a Major Software Defect by a ShortPoint Customer Support Expert will be investigated within two (2) business days from the date that the Support Expert responded to the request. A workaround will be provided to the Customer whenever possible. If a workaround is not possible, the request will be escalated to the Customer Support Manager for further analysis. The Support Manager will treat each defect case-by-case and decide on the next possible steps to provide the Customer with the best available solution.
Requests that are stated to be a Major Software Defect but determined to be a Minor Software Defect by a ShortPoint Support Expert will follow the provisions defined under Section Minor Software Defects.
All other requests will be responded to within three (3) business days. All business days should be within the predefined “Hours of Availability” schedule.
The failure of the Customer to provide all and any necessary requested information (by any requested means) may hinder ShortPoint’s ability to bring resolutions to issues in a timely manner.
Software Defect Closure
All parties involved must make timely efforts. If communications from the customer ceases without notice for five (5) consecutive business days. ShortPoint may upon notice close the respective software defect due to inactivity on the part of the customer. A software defect may be reopened within thirty (30) consecutive days after closure. Once the defect has been closed for 30 consecutive days, this issue will be considered permanently closed and it cannot be reopened. A new software defect will be opened if further work is necessary, and all relevant materials may need to be resubmitted before work can continue.
Whenever an issue(s) occurs on a customer’s environment, the following methods can be followed to troubleshoot the issue(s):
Browser Console File
We ask the customer to provide us with the browser Console Log File, This file will contain all the possible Errors and Warning, these errors and warnings will provide the Support Expert with a better understanding of what the issue could be.
In cases where ShortPoint is installed into a cloud platform (SAP Cloud, Office 365 and SharePoint Online), we may ask the customer if it is appropriate to provide the ShortPoint Support Experts with temporary access to the site page or pages that contains the incident(s), so they can troubleshoot the issue on the spot without constantly asking the customer for more information about the issue. Providing Support Experts with a ShortPoint license will never be required. A dedicated email account will be shared with the customer through a Support Ticket so they can share that Site or Page with the Support Experts.
If all kinds of log files did not help, ShortPoint Support Experts might request a quick online screen sharing meeting to investigate the issue(s) further. During the online meeting, the customer might be asked to grant remote access to let our Support Expert gather more information about the incident. Also, while screen sharing is active, the Support Expert might take a few screenshots after asking the customer for his/her permission to share such information. The Support Experts will in most cases send the customer a Calendly link containing his/her availability so the customer can schedule a meeting.
Screenshots and Screen Recordings
Customer Support Experts will ask for permission to take screenshots and/or screen recordings. After the permission is granted by the customer, screenshot or recordings of how the issue was reproduced in the customer’s environment will be taken so it can provide the Support Expert with the necessary helpful information needed to investigate the issue further. The Support Experts may also request for this information via the created support ticket.
Extract of ShortPoint Data From SharePoint Page
Requesting a copy of the customer’s page and Theme Builder export can be helpful in assisting the Customer Support Experts reproduce the issue(s) experienced.
The Support Expert will be able to get the following data from the extract:
- HTML copy containing all ShortPoint Elements and Generated Elements
- Theme Builder Customizations
Maintenance and Upgrades
New major release notification will be sent to the customer on a quarterly basis or whenever available.
Software Maintenance Rules
Software maintenance provides access to modifications, corrections, and/or updates to the software; including as the case may be:
- Hotfixes, Feature Releases/Major Upgrades and Defects/Bug fixes provided to the Customer primarily through the ShortPoint website or by any other means deemed appropriate by ShortPoint;
- The right for the Customer to receive all new releases of the software. These releases are intended to correct errors, support new releases of SAP Portal and SharePoint with which the software is designed to operate, add significant functional capabilities or provide other incidental updates and/or corrections.
Reporting Errors not related to ShortPoint
Upon working on the software defect, if at any point ShortPoint believes that a problem reported by Customer may not be due to an error in the product, ShortPoint will notify Customer of such a fact without any delay.
ShortPoint shall have no obligation to support
- In cases where a customer is using a shared admin or system account as a ShortPoint user account to allow multiple employees as a workaround to avoid purchasing more than one ShortPoint User License. Such a case(s) may result in the suspension of ShortPoint Support and license(s).
- Altered, damaged or modified products or any portion of the product incorporated with or within other third-party software(s) not specifically approved by the vendor of the software.
- Product that is not the current major or maintenance release.
- Custom code components added to the product.
- Product problems caused by the customer’s negligence, misuse, or misapplication use of the product other than as specified in the software user manual, or in any other causes beyond the control of ShortPoint.
- Product installed on any computer hardware that is not supported by the software.
- Product not purchased from ShortPoint or Authorized Partners and resellers
- For Infinity licenses: Customer support and maintenance plan has expired without renewal.
- For OnDemand licenses: Customer does not have a valid OnDemand license or did not renew.
- In cases where the customer’s installed version of the Product is not the current/latest release available on the ShortPoint website.
- In cases where there is a modification of the software base code, custom code, security policy configuration, audits and security design.
- When support or troubleshooting of base server and/or OS installation is needed.
- When SharePoint, Office 365, SAP and Microsoft Teams configurations, development, administration and installations are needed, or when there are any tasks that are not related to ShortPoint in any way.
- In cases where issues arise due to Internet Explorer being used for Development or Installation Purposes.
Product Change Requests
Customers can request for new features using this link. Then the ShortPoint team will evaluate and accept or reject the new request.
Excludes physical hardware, physical networking components and pre-existing software that the software interacted with to provide functionality but was not created, provided, or deployed by ShortPoint to the environment where the Software operates.
Excludes any third-party services that the software interacts with to provide functionality that is operated by the third-party service providers.